In all honesty I started reading it a while back and put it down because I couldn't get into it. But, recently my homegroup started doing a study on Faith and it addresses a lot of what we are talking about so I picked it back up again.
At the end of each chapter there are a series of reflection questions... one of them asked me to consider what 5 truths I would want a child I had in my care to internalize... After a bit of reflection here is what I would pass along.
- You are blessed to be a blessing.
- God loves you-- no matter what!
- In this world you will have trouble, but take heart Jesus has overcome the world.
- You are special inside and out--a creation of the Lord Most High
- Joy and peace are abundant in Jesus Christ.
What truths would you pass along?
How confident are you in what you would want a child to know?