Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Rockford

The Rockford (they don't have a website or at least not one I could find):
Located on Glenwood South at 320 1/2 (the only restaurant I know with a .5 address)

Matt and I had our first date here. I will never forget my crabcake sandwich and his ABC. We sat a small wooden table on the far right side of the place. It was a Sunday evening and we had great conversation. That was my first time there and I had no idea that it would soon become one of my favorites.

You have to walk up a skinny flight of stairs that opens up to a small but chic bar and cafe. The waitstaff is friendly, but not over the top. At times there is a long line (especially at night).

Once seated you can check out one of their unique specials or go for a sandwich or salad. My personal favorite, the Turkey Avacado (can you see a theme with the avacados?). I had this on Friday, Marbled Rye bread, turkey, pepper jack cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, guacamole pressed panini style and served with your choice of seasonal side. Price tag $7.75

I have never been too crazy about the sides here, but that is okay because I need all the room to finish my delcious sandwich.

No comments: