Sunday, November 15, 2009

We Build People

When I taught at NCSU one of my students was heavily invested at the YMCA and did her call to action speech on "We Build People". She is one of the only students that I continue to have a relationship with outside of the classroom. Now she and her husband are on staff with the Navigators.

Anyways, when I heard about the summer camps, after school programs, mentorship, etc. that the YMCA provides I was intrigued... but hadn't thought about it much until we joined the Y and now have close friends who work there. This year Matt and I get to be a part of the We Build People Campaign.

THERE ARE ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT!

Us getting involved with this effort coincided with a reminder to us of why this program and the opportunities that the financial support from this campaign provides is so important. We are friends with a family who could greatly benefit from having a consistent positive place to go in their lives. Just knowing that some of the children in this family were a part of this program would give me a bit of peace.

If you have read my blog much over the past year, you know that I have a deep love for the community aspect at the Alexander Family Branch. The We Build People Campaign is another aspect that will help impact our community in Raleigh.

I urge you to consider giving to this campaign! All you have to do is click here. By doing this you will make a difference in someone's life.

I challenge you to give today!

No comments: