Thursday, May 31, 2007

Love/Hate Relationship

I have an ongoing love/hate relationship with technology. Today I am in love with it! I think this is because I have some great computer savvy friends who are willing to help me discover the amazing capabilities of my MacBook! I have just successfully finished putting together a slide show using iMovie for one of my best friends. One of the things that I used to complete this project was our scanner/printer/copier (which also came "free" when I bought my computer). I had no idea it was that easy to scan pictures in and have them actually look good!

Charlotte and Rob are moving to Atlanta. I will miss them dearly, but know that this is where they are supposed to be. Honestly, I am excited for the possibilities this move will bring for their marriage, faith journey, family, and careers.

I can see the benefits to technology. For example, all of the amazing blogs out here where we can connect, share ideas, and build and maintain friendships over vast distances. I am also a bit obsessive about checking my email and cell phone for some of the same reasons... but, then there are flip sides to everything.... more sendentary life styles, pressure to be available 24/7, decreased need for/desire for face to face communiction, technological divdes between socioeconomic and education levels...

I guess my relationship will continue to be love/hate.

2 comments:

Jeramie Mullis said...

traci, if you ever want to upload the mainframe from your java port into your access database in order to maximize your zip drive capabilities just let me know.

i'm a genius.

traci said...

thanks for the offer, but I'm all over that already