I am going to vote for Obama-Biden, and here is the kicker, I think you probably should too... I say that with the recognition that many people have different major issues than I do, so I totally respect others views and will let you in on how I made my decision...
- I can't know it all and neither can they
- No one is perfect in all areas
- I still want to choose
- I had to ask myself, what can I know about? and what do I care most about?
- For me the two main areas are education and health care
- This morning I went to my first ever political ralley. I felt very empowered and got more information about specific things that would affect North Carolina. This was the kicker for me. (In McCain's defense, this was an Obama event and I haven't been to a McCain one, but I don't think I need to at this point... however, I will go if invited).
- My only complaint about the event was that the invitaiton said 9AM and the speakers didn't start until almost 9:45AM. I did get to have some interesting conversations and a delicious cinnamon roll, but thought they could've been a little more prompt considering that a lot of people need to be working right now.
- I learned something new... In NC, agriculture is the biggest industry and McCain and Obama are very different on supporting local farmers. Obama has supported the Farm Bill and our state needs to have local farmers supported to contribute to our economy. I love going to the farmer's market and I want those individuals to continue to thrive.
I also believe that government is not the solution to all our problems. As individuals, we need to take responsibility for our actions. As the church, we need to live radically to practically offer ourselves as a beacon of Hope. Being involved in our communities and in the political process is only a part of this.
**Just in case you are wondering... my views in no way are meant to be representative of Visio Dei. The church I am a part of is pretty awesome because we have such politically diverse view points and I hope that we can continue that openness as a community because its important to learn from each other. I certainly do.**