Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall Days

Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days that I have experienced. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved watching the leaves turn colors in the fall. There was this one bush a couple streets down from our house that would turn a perfect golden color each year. I used to beg my parents to take me to see it.

After coming home from our worship gathering yesterday Matt and I decided to walk to McDonalds to get some ice cream. (about 1PM) Unfortunately, the monopoly game is over, but we still enjoyed our soft serve. Then Matt and I proceeded to walk towards North Hills and took a left into Drewry Hills. We kept going and going...

We are still debating on building a house at some point and love to get ideas. We also like to cut down the houses that we don't like because I think it makes us feel better about not yet having our dream home. Don't get me wrong... I love our house! We just like to dream.

Along the way we passed several old couples, we asked ourselves, are we going to be like them when we are older? Then after passing a few more, we decided...oohhh, we ARE like them NOW! I'm okay with that.

We took turns at each intersection deciding which way to go, we were never getting home... we went in several open houses... then it was about 4PM. What should we do now? Oh, Beer and Football???

We stopped in at The Point to have some Big Boss and watch some games. John Michael and Anne Parker came to join us for a bit. I love hanging out with them ;)

After finally walking home it was 6:30PM... what a long walk! Matt was determined to call it exercise, but I argued that wearing flip flops and stopping for ice cream and beer negated that... whatever it was, it was fun!

1 comment:

jennynaree said...

I love being an old couple at a young age myself :)