Friday, November 7, 2008

The Trinity and Pics from "The Fascination"











This morning I met with my journey group girls for another bit of life sharing and musing about faith and how our pursuit of Jesus orients our lives.

We have recently decided to read the book "The knowledge of the Holy" by A.W. Tozer. In his forward he explains that he is writing for the "common" person, but I would beg to differ. This is a DEEP read.

So, each of us are taking turns leading the discussion and this week Jenny was up. She prefaced her discussion leading by saying that she wasn't sure if she could offer much (and she mentioned how great of a school NC State is). Then, she went on to give the best analogy I have ever heard in attempts to "explain" the trinity.

We decided that the trinity is something that we will never be able to explain, but we still want to understand what believe in to an extent... Until now I had only heard the H2O picture, of water, ice, and vapor... but this one is much better :)

She used me, I am a wife, a daughter and sister. I am all three at once, yet in different situations I am more one or the other. The fact that I am a daughter and a sister impacts the way that I am a wife and the fact that I am a wife impacts the way that I am a sister and daughter. Can you see how this might connect to the way that God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, unique to each of the parts, yet deeply connected together.

Jenny, did I do justice to your example?

Also, enjoy more pictures from the Cruise... more to come ;)

3 comments:

Amy said...

wow! the hair is very different, but I like it. It looks sassy and sophisticated. :)

traci said...

thanks :) It was great to talk with you today. Have a great week.

Jenny Benny said...

For the record, I also said that Carolina was a great school.

But yes, you're right on with the description of what I said about the Trinity.