Friday, December 12, 2008

He knows what we need

As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12

At the Y on the check in desk down stairs there is a large jar full of bible verses, free for anyone to take with them. Sometimes I pick them up when I am leaving or just before my work out, and other times I pass by. This morning I said a quick prayer before reaching in...

Lord please speak to me with something!

He did. The verse above is exactly what I need to cling to. Whenever things with my health and plans for my life don't go as I think they should, how I think they would go if God wasn't extremely mad at me for something that I have done in the past I struggle with extreme guilt and feeling like I am being punished.

The truth is, God doesn't work like that. He forgives, he loves, and he is with me now, even when things don't go according to my plan...

No comments: