Saturday, February 9, 2008

Encouragement for Today

I am reading a book for Lent that is helping me to reflect each morning. Today the verses are from Psalm 32...

For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control." Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord.

Initially, I got a few creepy craw-lies inside because I thought I might get the impression that if I just believe and trust in God that my life will be "happy" or "good" and free from trouble... but, that isn't what the author pointed out. It was in the midst of deep struggle that he read this verse and was comforted, called more to see how during the midst of strife there were songs of victory and unfailing love. Sometimes it takes longer to see/appreciate/understand/ etc. these things. But, I do believe they are there in ways that may be a bit different that how we envisioned them.

Trust, faith, hope...

No comments: