Sunday, February 24, 2008

Talking on the Phone

I'm not sure why, but I'm not a phone talker. I get anxious and often go through my phone list several times and call people who I talk to on a regular basis before calling someone new.

I attribute this to several things... one is my compulsiveness with email. Its easier and not as anxiety provoking to email someone. Another is that I don't like talking for very long and I always want to have an exit strategy. (For example, I'll call someone while I'm on my way somewhere so that I can get off easily when my car ride is over. )

I am confessing this for several reasons...

I think this apprehension may inhibit me from being as effective as I would like with my job.
Sometimes I am disconnected or rude when talking with people on the phone.
Its helpful for me to just get my anxieties out there, they some how loose power.

So, there you have it, I am working on my phone skills.
Please forgive me if I ever fail to call you or am rude or short when in phone conversations.

1 comment:

Jenny Benny said...

I'm not a fan of the phone either.