Monday, May 12, 2008

ATL












Charlotte's birthday was on Thursday and I got to go celebrate it with her. The weekend was more unbelievable than I could have dreamt for myself. We discussed it and decided that we would have had just as much fun without all of the festivities, but we were so glad that we got to experience them all together.

Thursday night we went to a Moroccan restaurant where we sat on the floor and ate with our fingers. It was delicious. My favorite was the cornish hen with figs, apples, cinnamon, honey and almonds. We were some of the only people in the whole place and we got to participate in some belly dancing. We are naturals!!!

Unfortunately, Rob was unable to make it because we popped two of his tiers on the way to dinner. He patiently waited for the tow truck and got to chow down on some McDonalds while we indulged in deliciousness. Sorry Rob!

Friday morning Charlotte and I had our much needed heart to heart. Its hard to go through difficult times without your Ya Ya. But, we are figuring out ways to make it work. Thank you Char for your listening ear and you ability to understand my inner turmoil!

For lunch I got to reconnect with Joseph and meet his wife and youngest son, J.C. It was a blessing. We even discussed figuring out a way to get a medical team to go to Kenya. I hope it works out!

Friday night then commenced with low country boil, true Italian Bellini's and a round of guitar hero. I am terrible at it, but its fun to watch for sure.

If you know me very well, you know that I LOVE massages. Charlotte treated us to an in home hour plus massage. Diane was AMAZING!!! I got to enjoy the rest of the day in a relaxed state.

The festivities did continue though. From 2-5 was "A taste of the Highlands" where we got to sample everything from Jalepeno Margaritas to Beet Salad and Lamb Burgers. My favorite was this Orzo pasta primavera with crisped pork. Delish!

Then a phone call from Quan (a friend I loved meeting) invited us to Shake at the Lake where we enjoyed an outdoor comedic rendition.

All in all, a fabulous weekend. But, in all of it the best part was being with my friend and enjoying life with someone who lives to the full.

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

Yay for hanging out with Charlotte! I'm glad that you had such a great time in Atlanta! Can't wait to hear more!

Mandy said...

isn't it great to have friends that know you so well...I am glad you got away for a few days! Charlotte is wonderful.