Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A funny interaction




Saturday morning Matt and I walked along the boardwalk at VA Beach. It was beautiful morning and we were able to make it out before it got too crowded. 

At the turning point of our stroll we found Neptune's statue. It's a large sculpture with starfish and other creatures attached too it. It looks like a perfect climbing wall to me. So, I started climbing on it. 

After I got a few feet up  (you can kind of see me in the picture) an young boy said, "Hey, you aren't supposed to climb on that!"... he was with his parents... 

My inner child wanted to say, "so what? I'm having fun and Matt is trying to take a picture of me on here, so just shut up!"

But, my mature adult voice said, "Really? Are you sure?"

The boy proceeded to show me two signs that read Do not climb on the artwork. He explained to me that Neptune's statue was art and that it was dangerous for me to climb on it. 

I got down. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are the coolest. love, mom

Mip said...

hah, that is pretty hilarious