Tuesday, May 6, 2008

MDA Stride & Ride






Several weeks ago I got to be a part of something fun and meaningful. These pictures are from the MDA Stride & Ride. One of my friends has muscular dystrophy and it is hard to comprehend the hardships that are part of her life and the challenges her family faces, but at the same time her faith, hope, and attitude are an example of what it means to follow Jesus. Its really amazing.

This is the second year that our community has been involved in the Stride & Ride. We have won the team spirit award both times. I wasn't there last year, but I hear that Jeramie lead the group and he was deeply missed this year. Since I am a former cheerleader the crowd looked to me to fill those shoes...

I have to admit that I had to get over a bit of embarrassment and realize that it didn't matter how well I did at leading cheers.

*It still surprises me sometimes how self-conscious I get without much reason*

Thankfully my husband was there to yell at the top of his lungs along side of me. We had a blast once I got over myself.

Then we got to have a delicious breakfast at the Pease's house. Thank you so much for cooking for us! I'm thankful to be a part of a community who has so much fun participating in the kingdom of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are too. love, mom