Monday, May 5, 2008

A New Favorite Wine



After riding 30+ miles and walking 3+ more on Saturday a couple of us walked down to Moore Squre to the Capital Crush wine event. We were fortunate to be handed 5 free tickets by a man who said, "I just couldn't drink any more," on his way out. Jenny and I then tasted a couple different varieties and ended up going back to this 14 Hands Merlot, 2004 from Washington. Its in the $10+ price range and worth it.

Recently I have tasted several Merlot wines that were fabulous. I am always surprised when I enjoy a merlot wine. Someone recently said that was because of the movie Sideways. (If you haven't seen it, the main character is a merlot snob and spends his time seeking after the perfect Pino Noir) . I have to agree that might have something to do with it, isn't it weird how easy it is to be swayed by the media???

Anyways, its worth a try. Anyone care to share a favorite wine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wildhorse Merlot....Big fan.