Thursday, July 10, 2008

Its amazing what a little time with Jesus will do

I woke up this morning feeling like I was going to puke. I had to cancel on a friend for walking (one of my favorite things to do) because I knew my mind and heart were not in a place be who God called me to.

The first thing I did after I woke up was brush my teeth and then weigh myself... seriously, you might think thats not a big deal if you don't know me that well, but for those of you who do, this is not a common occurrence. I'm thinking to myself, what the heck is going on?

Well, I was craving some time with Jesus to center and reframe. This is what I read.

Colossians 3:12-17

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in our hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


Once again, allowing the peace of Christ that is already there to wash over me is more powerful than anything that I can say to myself or do.

Thank you God for your peace and bringing it to me so quickly today. You really to hear us when we pray. You really do give us what we ask when we ask in your name. You are truly amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing...and being so understanding about where i was when i called you today. it is amazing what some time with Jesus will do...
diana :)

traci said...

Diana,

You are awesome! Thanks for being real with me too!

Traci