Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another prayer

Recently I have been convicted and pulled to pray more and pray more in depth. This happens to me every once in a while, its like a call to "really" seek God... not that I don't on a regular basis, but there is something about my prayer life these days that takes extra energy than my typical list of things that I lift up or journal of deep thoughts that I ask God to speak with me through...

I think it happens when I don't know what to pray or how to pray... when I realize how much I need God... I start praying scripture. This is my prayer today for all of you who read this, who are being exploited, who are in my church family, who are my friends ...


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being...

power to be transformed and not to conform to the pattern of this world
power to face the darkness with the light of Christ
power to accept and extend grace

So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith...

please Lord, give us faith
faith in what we cannot see
faith in what we cannot touch
faith in your power
faith that there is more
faith that you want to use us
faith that you have created us uniquely to help redeem the world
faith that you love us

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--

help us understand how to love others
help us to grasp your love so that we love
help us to operate in your power

that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God...

your love is big
your love is wide
fill us with this love now

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine

Bring it on God
Bring your healing
Blow our minds with your power
Change us
Change the world
Bring your justice
Bring your peace

according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations,

You alone are the one I want to receive the credit, help me to have that attitude always, its all about you Lord!

for ever and ever! Amen

Ephesians 3:15-21

No comments: