Friday, August 8, 2008

Girl time is awesome

Last night I got to hang out with some amazing chicas to celebrate Julie's birthday. I wish I had my camera with me so that I could show you pictures.

Jenny made Julie a crown with ribbons flowing off of it and a delicious strawberry shortcake. Both are photo worthy :)

We ate at Porters City Tavern, a delicious treat. I had fried green tomatoes. I have to admit, our Nofo Fried Green tomatoes are better... but they were still delicious. I have to say, the woman who waited on us was pretty amazing. She actually plated our short cake for us and brought it out. I was impressed because I know how annoying it can be to have a party bring in their own dessert (1) they are taking longer on your table and 2) they aren't having a higher bill)... but she went above and beyond. Thank you!

Also, our conversation was fantastik (I like to use a K in fantastic for some reason I just like it better). We talked about everything from magicians, to real life love dramas, to human trafficking, to prison ministry, to swimming in the pool, to conferences, to being a guinea pig for IV injections in a moving car, to jobs, to life in general. I love how the conversation just flowed and was so fun. We probably could have stayed there all night.

Thank you Julie for allowing us to celebrate you! You are an amazing person and friend. I think the company you keep speaks volumes about a person and you keep some awesome company.

2 comments:

Mip said...

hear hear ;)

Anonymous said...

I love you Traci. Thanks to you and everyone who made my day special. You guys are the best!
-Julie