Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm Encouraged

So, this weekend was a little rough for me. I just had a bunch going through my head and didn't know how to sort it all out and figure out the world's problems all by myself. This is a tough situation to be in...

So, last night I dumped all my thoughts and anguish on my husband pretty soon after he got back from an exciting weekend with his brothers. (Sorry!) He loves me and listens, but sometimes I have a hard time letting go and letting God...

So, you may be asking "where does the encouragement come in?" and this is where. I am still reading "This Beautiful Mess" and read this line today...

"How screwed up have we gotten that we cling to a Christianity that can be lived out without God? Pretty screwed up." I stopped right there and went to scripture where I read in James "Be patient"...

Basically my thought is: How awesome will it be when God shows up in these situations that are difficult for me to understand. How awesome will it be when I start coming to him expecting him to show me more about what it looks like to trust and walk with him. How awesome will it be when I increase my awareness of the fact that God is already in control and allow him to take over.

So, my prayer is "God, I don't understand. I need you to show up. I can't do it on my own. Even our entire community 'doing' things can't fix the world on our own. You are teaching us. You are leading us. Help me to trust that. Help me to ask for your presense. Suprise me and give me patience through the process. Thank you for my husband. Thank you for your grace. Thank you that your kingdom is like a mustard seed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

....thank you for speaking to my daughter and giving her the incentive to speak to all of us.
love, vicki

Mandy said...

thanks traci for taking the time to type this post and your last post! You are such an encouragement to me and I feel like what you are saying and thinking is exactly what I need to hear in my life right now as well! (maybe I need to read this book) love ya girl