Friday, August 10, 2007

We can't do everything and I wish we could

I am feeling overwhelmed at the moment. This might be because about 2.5 seconds ago I was feeling pretty proud... funny how these things happen. I have been feeling pretty good about my servant heart, how much I am learning and growing and helping. Seriously, over the past week or so its been pretty amazing to be a part of helping bring the kingdom of God to earth in a variety of ways. But, as soon as I start thinking that it has something to do with me I am reminded (once again) that I am not the savior...

I just got an email about helping a Refugee family, came from a visit trying to help a local family, spent all week coordinating efforts to help a new family, and desire to keep running after these opportunities, but at the same time I am lying on my couch exhausted, reading over my course syllabi for the upcoming semester, and thinking about all of the different possibilities for my life, for our church and wondering how the best ways are for us to go about making an impact on the world around us. I wish I could figure it all out! I wish that I could motivate people to meet needs. I wish I could clear my head enough to say "yes" and "no" appropriately. I wish there were no needs at all.

But the reality is: There are needs, I am called to meet them, the church is called to meet them, we can't meet them all, there will be heaven for that, we keep striving, we keep seeking Jesus, we keep humbling ourselves that he might lift us up, we keep praying, we keep walking, we keep living in grace and hope that the promises of Jesus will come true in our lives. He really said that we would do even greater things that he has done... imagine a world where we truly believed that...

So, I think this post was all over the place, but I just had to get it out! Thoughts? ???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judt remember that you are called to be a piece of the kingdom ...do your piece well, but trust God to provide the rest. love, mom