Thursday, August 9, 2007

Through the country and back again.



















So, here are all of the state signs that we saw on our trip. I have tried to put them in order, but it was little difficult because a couple of times we had missed the state coming in and decided to turn around and go back and get it.

We were a bit disappointed in Minnesota. There was no sign entering or exiting the state. What's up with that?

I think the total number is 13 states.

The road trip was fabulous and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes adventure. We may do it again at some point in our lives. Maybe we'll take our kids (someday:)

Ameica is truly a beautiful country and it is amazing to me how diverse the landscape is. I am in awe of creation and know that God had fun making the world. I love taking in different experiences and pondering what it would be like to live in all of these different places.

But, I live in Raleigh, North Carolina.

I am glad that I do. Life here is amazing in itself.

Maybe it was being away, but coming home and jumping back into life with my community is providing me with another sense of what God has created. Just over the past three weeks I have gotten the opportunity to a part of a baby shower, a new birth, helping clean and paint an apartment, helping coordinate rent money, enjoying my family, babysitting for friends kids, seeing my sister-in-law's passion for slavery victims, singing songs of praise and worship, walks, coffee, wine, the list goes on and on.

God's kingdom is truly beautiful. His kingdom isn't just the US, isn't just Raleigh, its bigger than a trip or life on earth can capture. I am thankful for an opportunity to experience pieces of it. Wow! Life is wonderful.

1 comment:

jeff said...

IMHO, wisconsin wins the sign contest hands down!