Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Love

I get caught up in all of my doing sometimes and was searching for a piece of advice about being and how it connects to doing and what that means for my life on earth in relationship to following Jesus. So, I prayed and I read... my verses for the day:

John 13: 1-5

It was just before the Passover Feast, Jesus knew the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love.

The evening meal was being served and the devil had already prompted Judas Iscariot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus. Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God: SO he got up from the meal, took offf his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that he poured water into a basin and began to was his disciples feet...

The portion where SO is, just caught me as a big explanation of this connection that I am often wondering about... Jesus knew that he had come from God and was returning to God... the personal, the grace, the comfort, the power...SO he got up... the collective, the extended, the grace, the service, the meekness, the humbleness, the light, the salt...

any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's the only connection that makes sense. thanks for sharing this example of the beauty of Christ at 'work'(or love.)Because of His complete assurance of where He belongs and Who He belongs to...
there are no walls stopping Him from this 'work' of love.
In reading these passges i feel the same assurance sink into me
and it makes me want to love and recieve love the way Jesus did.
It still often feels risky. I wonder if Jesus 'felt' afraid to risk....