Sunday, December 2, 2007

B-

So, the papers that I have been so excited about finishing are not performing as well as my typical "traci standards"... see the title for my grade on the psych paper...

I have to say that I have mixed feelings. There is a part of me that is just glad to be done and thinks it doesn't matter and I'm glad that I'm not stressed, but then there is the part of me that has woken up at night thinking about all of the ways that I could make the next paper better.

I think to myself, I still have time...
I could add in this thing, or that thing...
what about this idea...
what do my professors think?
I am letting people down?
Does it matter?
Should I be upset?

2 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

You probably got graded based on previous work. If you would've treated all your papers this way, you would've set the standard lower.

It's like a long race. You don't give it your all in the beginning. You sort of lay back and cruise through the first half. Then, you have enough energy to sprint to the finish.

That way you can make the professor feel like they did a great job. It's like, "In the beginning I didn't know anything, but you taught me so much I was able to write this super awesome paper in the end." Then, you get an A just for stroking the professor's ego.

It's like in sales, you don't put your best offer on the table out of the box. You have to use shady tactics.

Right, Matt?

traci said...

too bad my husband doesn't use shaddy tactics... or else I could have learned a few from him