Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 1 in NYC




To say the least, we had a full trip! I think I walked over 20 miles in the past few days, but it was well worth it. I am going to break it up in Day long blogs so that its not too consuming.

We arrived at the Laguardia airport around lunch time. Matt and I shared a "snack" of cheese burgers and french fries. I say "snack" because we have different definitions of what constitutes a real meal. Once my parents got there our first mission was to discover Manhattan. The four of us walked all around Time's Square to Central Park and then stopped at Micky Mantle's for a drink before dinner at Patsy's.

It was delicisioso! Although our main courses were good, I was struck by the desserts. We walked in and the cart full of decadent treats was right in front of us. I eyed a creme puff cake from the start and was not disappointed when I sunk my teeth into it at the end.

Then we walked over to the Winter Garden to see Mama Mia. It was a fun show with lots of great hit tunes and dancing. The story line was a bit questionable, but the acting was fabulous. After our wonderful night of entertainment we hit the bed pretty hard so that we could start on our way for a jam packed Day #2.

My first impression was awe... I've never seen so many advertisements or concrete or people in one place.

1 comment:

Mike Morrell said...

Oh, goodness, I haven't been to NYC in five years...your post makes me wanna return.