Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 2 Morning in NY










After a late Saturday full of plays and wonderful food, my husband and I decided to walk to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We had a slight disagreement on how long it was going to take us to get there (not to mention that the news programs reported it was the record cold temps for the day)... I thought for sure it would take 30 minutes, Matt was not so sure...



If any of you know NY, we were staying just south of Times Squre on 40th and the Met is about half way up Central Park (so that is 14 blocks, plus a trek through the park).


Needless to say, Matt was right! It took us 50 minutes to walk up there.



For those of you who know me, a 50 minute walk is nothing too special (thanks Diana, Charlotte, Mandy, Kim, Jenn, and others). However, in the below 20 weather its another story...



I feel like this sounds like a complaint (Its totally not). I am just setting the scene for Matt and I's spats that occurred for the next several hours. One of the things that I love about my husband is how much we can laugh at and with each other. He often extends much needed grace my way.



Once we arrived at the museum we checked our coats (everywhere in NY has a coat check) and then walked around for a few hours.



My favorite is the modern art. Tara Donovan had an installation that used mylar tape to make a natural land scape looking thing.




Matt enjoyed reading the historical background behind the pieces and checking out the mid evil guns, swords, and armor.




After we were finished, we walked back through Central Park. It was beautiful, lots of runners and bundled up people around.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

good job making matt sound masculine and tough. he likes guns and armour!