Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

He is Risen!!! IN DEED!!

Yes, this is the time of the year that we celebrate our risen Lord. I get pumped about what God has done and is doing at this moment each year. Sometimes I loose sight of God's power, but want to and need to be reminded of it on a regular basis.

Several reflections...

Last night I was having a conversation with my family and we were considering if the empty tomb was the starting point of our faith and celebration how our lives might look differently. This would be contrasted with cross being the starting point....

Consider this, 325 days a year we celebrate freedom, we focus on what God has done, his power, and redemption of the world. We consider the the power of the Holy Spirit at work in our lives and the lives of those around us. We look at the last chapters of the gospels as a starting point...

In these Jesus says...

"As my Father has sent me, so I am sending you."
"Peace be with you."
"Go, make disciples of all nations."
"All authority on heaven and on earth has been given to me."
"Teach them to obey everything I have commanded you."
"You will do even greater things than me."
"You will perform miracles, heal the sick, cast out demons."
"My Holy Spirit is with you."


Then Lent becomes the time of 40 days when we fast and pray and lament and consider the cross, we focus on our need for continual redemption and relate the sorrow and suffering of Christ.

Does this make you think any differently?
Thoughts?
What does Easter mean to you?

No comments: