Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fun times in the Land flowing with milk and honey






*The pictures are in the opposite order that I want them in*

These are just a few more photos from our trip. I think I remember a picture of my parents on this same statue when they came 4 years ago. It may have something to do with the Paxton love for competition that we gravitate to mock horse races??

This is actually one of the places where they would have had Gladiator competitions and stuff like that back in the day. I could almost feel the movie coming to life around me.

Every day brought new vistas to look at... lush green... rolling hills... oasis'... desserts... rocks, rocks, and more rocks...

This path is one that Jesus probably walked on. Really? Did I just say that? I was in one of the places where Jesus was, in Bethany, just outside of Jerusalem. Pretty darn cool. Just another example of the mystical becoming tangible.

The church building you see here is the Church of All Nations that is next to the Garden of Gethsemane. This was one of my favorite stops because, like the name suggests, there were people from all over the world coming to worship Jesus. They were coming to see where tradition says he would have been praying for God to take the cup of crucifixion, betrayal and isolation away from him.

Thanks be to God that Jesus said, your will be done...

No comments: