Monday, July 30, 2007

At the feet of Jesus














Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be your name,
Your Kingdom come!
Your Will be done!
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For Thine is the kingdom and
the power
and the glory
Forever and ever
Amen.

As I was praying this morning I was praying for all of the worries and people and changes going on in life and an overwhleming sense came over me just to pause and pray what Jesus taught his disciples to pray. So many times I get caught up in asking for myself or the ovewhelming needs around me and forget to stand in awe of the creator, plead with him for his kingdom and ask for his daily provision and forgivness.

I have added some pictures of beauty from our trip that show me a piece of the kingdom of heaven here on earth. I am reading a great book right now called "This Beautiful Mess". It describes this heavenly kingdom here/not yet here phenomenon that we are a part of. It is helping me to make sense of the world and my place in it.

Isn't it amazing that in the same breath Jesus teaches us to ask for daily nourishment he teaches us to ask for forgiveness.
Thank you Lord for grace! Thank you for beauty! Thank you for peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Lord's prayer in Matthew was the lectionary reading for this week and i have been reflecting on it in much the same way. your pictures say more than words. love, mom

jason said...

Amen. beautiful... thanks, Traci.