Friday, July 6, 2007

Getting Ready

Well, we are leaving in the AM to fly to Cleveland for a wedding and then are off to California to pick up my brothers van and hang out with his family for a little while before heading north and then home. I am excited, but I waited until today to start preparing, so I am a bit tired at the moment.

I just ironed for 2 hours. We had a pile about 3 feet tall that has been mounting for the past month. I wanted to get it all done before we left, it is now... I also did 6 loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher and am getting ready to do yard work. Please don't get me wrong, but I was starting to think... this is like a full time job! I have a ton to do around the house and we don't even have kids. I am still in my PJs, but have been more "productive" in the last 5 hours then I am running around campus on a daily basis... I started pondering if this is something that I could get used to.

Not sure, after watching "The View" and Food Network I am craving chocolate chip cookies and am thinking about celebrity gossip. It is probably not the smartest thing for me to fill myself with day time television while doing chores. I could see myself getting pretty bitter if every day was like this, but I am honestly having a real good time.

Does that sound contradictory? I wonder if other women (or men) who take care of the home feel similar at all.

I think the key for me at the moment is balance. Something that I am not the best at.

Once Matt gets home we will pack our bags and start heading west. Stay tooned for our fun adventures ;)

No comments: